Shades of Chartreuse ~ The Freshly Green Tips HWA Series
If you are a coffee drinker, you probably have a box or two of coffee filters still hanging around from the days before individual coffee pod machines and mesh, built-in filters. While you may no longer use them for brewing, they can still be handy around the house... Bonus: Repurposing is eco-friendly & saves money!
Since I still have a few boxes myself, I decided to do a little research on easy, efficient ways to use them up instead of tossing them into the trash. While I came across many suggestions, the following ideas seem the most simple and handy!
1. Keep your microwave splatter-free by covering a bowl with a filter.
2. Place a filter between stacked tea cups to prevent chipping.
3. Pour wine through the filter to catch any broken cork pieces.
4. Weigh dry foods on a scale using the filter as the container for a truer measurement.
5. Line a potted plant with filters before adding the dirt to allow water to flow through but keep the soil in the pot. (I love this one!)
6. Cut a slit in the middle and put a popsicle stick through it. Voila! No sticky hands!
7. Don't waste paper towels when draining bacon; instead put a few filters on a plate to absorb the grease.
8. Wrap holiday ornaments to separate and protect them when in storage.
9. Take them on a picnic or to the beach and use as disposable snack bowls for munchies. This is so much better than passing around a bag of chips!
10. Clean mirrors with a filter for a lint-free shine.
Can you think of any other handy uses for repurposing coffee filters? Let us know by sharing them in the comments section. Thanks!
The comments to this entry are closed.