It is time to update your wardrobe with a few new items to carry you through a fashionable spring and summer. Remember, there is no need to break the bank... Spring and summer clothes get a lot of exposure at warm weather events and activities so be sure to buy these items on sale. Then wear them with abandon and enjoy iced tea, backyard parties, and ice pops without worry!
Here are the Here We Are early picks for wardrobe do's this spring and summer 2010:
1. Cardigans are in! Be they long, short, or three-quarter sleeves, they go from a chilly office to versatile travel-wear. Pick one in your favorite color and wear it over a contrasting camisole or white crew-neck tee for a fresh look. Plus, they're easy to pack and look great with skirts or jeans.
2. Silver says summer! Choose from a multitude of silver hoop earrings, bangle bracelets, and necklaces. For work, wear only one piece, but throw it all on for a party. Sparkle, sparke, sparkle!
3. Espadrilles!! Optimal comfort and maximum style. Don't discount these as a rehashed trend, once you wear them you'll know why they keep popping up every season. Pick from ballet flats to the highest of wedges (but only if you can walk in them!). These tootsies come in tons of colors and at all price points...there is sure to be a pair that you must have!
4. Turquoise is tops! Whatever items you end up adding to your wardrobe, be sure that one is in the color turquoise. From the popular stone to a scarf, a touch of this will keep you in style the whole season long. Plus, there is something about this color that makes you feel happy.
5. White Pants! Wait, don't say "no way"...These are definitely a "buy on sale" item; you are lucky if you get more than one season without a mishap, so spend wisely and don't worry. Nothing looks cleaner, fresher, or more stylish than a pair of white pants. Too much junk in the trunk? Then pair them with a long tunic, the effect is the same. Slip these on and you want to sip Pina Colada's on the veranda with your hair gently lifted by the night breeze!
6. Spanx a lot! Leave the jiggle for the Jell-0 and give your derriere a hand with jiggle control under summer skirts and dresses. The Spanx entire selection of boy shorts and shapers offer you terrific options to smooth over a few extra winter snacks. Plus, buying them in "nude" tone will offer coverage if your white pants are on the sheer side.
Spring and summer can be time for fun, so pick items that make you feel happy; you will transcend that feeling when you wear them. Have fun shopping, experiment, and be bold...we waited through a long winter, it's time to shine! Tell us what you'll add to your wardrobe this season.
The comments to this entry are closed.