Part 19 of the Here We Are Series:
Live Your Life Out Loud
Another year, another month, another day to get this journey called life "right." Is there a right way? Maybe, or maybe not.
We know that the manifestation of one's life is directly reflected by the choices they make in all aspects of life. So I suppose the answer is in making the choices that will manifest the best outcome for who you want to be. Each new day is a chance to begin again, no matter what yesterday held... BUT there is no better, brighter, or easier time than at the start of a new year to make definite, bold, and conscious choices that produce results.
Since time is truly the only luxury - fleeting and indefinite - each day offers the moments to shape who you are, and hopefully, become the person you want to be. Think on it if it isn't clear just yet. What are you doing or not doing that allows you to step on or off a path to being the best person you can be in your life, and in the world?
While we all have different lives, but as human beings we are also very similar. Whatever your choices are, pick a few and apply them every day instead of a typical New Year's resolution. In this early HWA article, I wrote about "defined intentions with detailed direction." That is really what this is about, and the intentions can be simple, you just have to apply them, adjust, and repeat.
Still wondering? I am sharing my top ten with you in hopes that they will get you going to make your own list. Feel free to join me on any and all!
1. Say Thank You!
2. Make time for yourself: do a beauty treatment, exercise, meditate, read... Doesn't matter what it is, just do it!
3. Set boundaries and stick to them. Struggling with this concept? Then start with this easy suggestion: Not Today, A Quote for All Seasons and All Women
4. Say what you mean, and mean what you say (my personal motto)
5. Laugh!... as much as you can, it's good medicine without bad side-effects
6. Smile a lot; as my grandmother, Lucy, would say, "No one likes a sourpuss!"
7. Connect with a friend, or work on cultivating a new one - you can never have too many friends
8. Say, "SO WHAT?!"... It's amazing how this helps put stressful issues into perspective
9. Don't "Shrink" for ANYONE. If you don't know what I mean by this then read Our Deepest Fear: Stepping Into Your Power, it will change your life
10. Always be kind to yourself and others; the good comes back to you. Remember, no one can hide from bad Karma - it eventually finds you.
So you see that this isn't about your job, a to-do list, running the house, conquering the world, raising your kids, etc. The idea is to have a base-line of definitive actions that demonstrates who you are and what you stand for. Let me know what you would add or follow; please share with me, I'm curious to hear from you. AND thank you for being part of Here We Are, I'm grateful for you, truly... My best wishes for a Happy, Healthy 2015! ~ Luci
Note: The picture above of the white Gerber Daisy arrived in a beautiful mixed bouquet of flowers I received. I learned that white flowers mean clarity, purity, illumination, and healing. Since I enjoy learning the meaning of things I wanted to share this tidbit with you. For more about flowers, read The Meaning of Flowers: Petal Picking With A Message, and the Color of Roses, Sending The Right Meaning.