No matter which holiday you celebrate, 'tis the season to take care of yourself. Here are 10 easy tips to get you through the hustle and bustle of the next six weeks!
1. Stick to your exercise routine. If you don't have one, walk at least 30 minutes a day -- preferably outside.
2. Take a break to breathe. Sit down, close your eyes, inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth. Repeat for 5 minutes.
3. Eat before attending a party or dinner. Have a healthy snack so you are not too hungry when you get there.
4. Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. Start now and continue every day between parties and dinners throughout the season.
5. Indigestion? Place your hands on top of each other between the base of the sternum and navel. Rotate in a counterclockwise direction a few times and then reverse to a clockwise direction. Continue the motion for a few minutes.
6. Quick Refresher: rub your hands together for a few seconds and then lightly rub your face.
7. Shopping: Remember that it is the spirit of the Holidays which matters most, not the gifts.
8. Give and receive a foot rub from a loved one.
9. Get a massage before the holidays to reduce stress, then again afterward to recover AND to center yourself for the new year.
10. Enjoy the Holidays!
Live fully and savor the present moments as the future is so unpredictable. We can reduce the stresses in our lives and be nicer to ourselves, to our bodies, and to our souls, with a few simple steps.
Here is a quote by Etty Hillesum to start you on your way:
Ultimately, we have just one moral duty: to reclaim large areas of peace in ourselves, more and more peace, and to reflect it toward others. And the more peace there is in us, the more peace there will be in our troubled world.